Well Rush Nation, this week had some good results and some injuries. The Stream model is really starting to pick up some steam after a slowish start. However, I know the last few weeks can become the hardest. There is also more stashing at QB and D/ST than ever before, making these picks harder and harder every week.
WEEK SEVEN REVIEW
I went backwards at Wide Receiver this week. Tim Patrick got hurt and left the game. He didn’t lay a complete egg, however he also didn’t get me out a jam either. I went down 6 spots.
The other declining position was QB, where I went down 9 spots due to concussion and poor QB play. Dalton did not do what I expected, meaning I need to review the metrics for my model. Going forward, there will be slightly different ways I review QB streaming.
Boston Scott did return an RB1 performance this week as I expected, which was great to see. A late change in my lineup was Logan Thomas, as Jonnu Smith played on Sunday, thus relegating Firkser to a backup TE role. This change paid off for me in a big way, moving me up to TE4 on the season.
The Eagles had a good week, but so did a lot of other D/STs so whilst they were not a top 12 D/ST this week, I did not change position. Same goes for Kicker.
Overall, a balanced week with 2 ups, 2 downs and 2 no changes. Now I need to get right and trend up in more positions next week.
HERE IS HOW I FINISHED UP (0.5PPR SCORING):
- Quarterback: Andy Dalton- Cowboys – 3.60 Pts
- Running Back: Boston Scott- Eagles – 16.70 Pts
- Wide Receiver: Tim Patrick- Broncos – 5.9 Pts
- Tight End: Logan Thomas- Redskins (late swap due to Smith of the Titans playing)- 14 Pts
- Kicker: Ka’imi Fairbairn- Texans – 8 Pts
- D/ST: Philadelphia Eagles – 9 Pts
OVERALL POINTS TOTALS:
- Quarterback- 122.78pts 19th overall (Down 9)
- Running Back- 63.2pts 28th overall (Up 7)
- Wide Receiver- 59.7pts 41st overall (Down 6)
- Tight End- 69.8pts 4th overall (Up 3)
- Kicker- 52pts 20th overall (No Change)
- D/ST- 56pts 5th overall (No Change)
WEEK EIGHT STREAM PICKS
It’s a slightly better wire this week due to injuries, so I am hoping to make significant gains.
Remember, I use all the Waiver Wire picks from the column on Monday. These are picks who are 30% owned or under according to ESPN.com
At this point in the season, it’s time to chase volume and follow the process of volume and letting volume lead me to the promised land.
And so, having said that, here are my picks for Week Eight:
- Quarterback: Teddy Bridgewater- Panthers
- Running Back: Tevin Coleman/Carlos Hyde/DeeJay Dallas (depending on who starts)
- Wide Receiver: Brandon Aiyuk- 49ers
- Tight End: Richard Rogers- Eagles
- Kicker: Tyler Bass- Bills
- D/ST: Detroit Lions
As I mentioned in the Waiver Wire article, Teddy Bridgewater has been outstanding slinging the rock this season. I am hoping he carves up the poor Falcons defense.
Running Back will be a late decision due to injuries so have put the options above I will be selecting from.
The other picks were autopicks due to ownership numbers and match-ups, not to mention injuries. The Waiver Wire is very thin for D/STs. But I am going with the Lions to capitalise on turnovers from Rivers on Sunday.
However, until next week, Keep Rushing!
– Murf (@Murf_NFL)