Well Rush Nation, that couldn’t have gone much worse in Week Two for the stream picks. With a combination of injuries and game script going against some of the picks, it made for a rough watch.
WEEK TWO REVIEW
The two places that I really didn’t want to lose ground on was Running Back and Wide Receiver. However, after picking up less than 2 points combined by the two positions, it has already left my stream model with ground to make-up after just two weeks.
Parris Campbell being injured has really hurt me at Wide Receiver. However, that is something that can always happen. Nyheim Hines not getting anywhere near as many touches as he did in Week One was a shock.
Tight End didn’t work out either. The Eagles look like a bad football team right now. The only positive was once again, Goedert was targeted more than Ertz.
Gardner Minshew did deliver for me, in one of the very few bright spots on a grim Week Two for the stream model. He is only just behind Lamar Jackson after two weeks, which is crazy.
Here is how I finished up (0.5PPR Scoring)(Prior to Monday Night Football):
- Quarterback: Gardner Minshew II- Jaguars- 23.46 12th overall
- Running Back: Nyheim Hines- Colts- 0.9 Points 73rd Overall
- Wide Receiver: Parris Campbell- Colts- 0.7 Points 113th Overall
- Tight End: Dallas Goedert- Eagles- 5 Points 24th Overall
- Kicker: Ryan Succup- Buccaneers- 7 Points 13th Overall
- D/ST: Washington Football Team-4 Points 15th Overall
Current Running Total for the Stream model (prior to Monday Night Football):
- Quarterback- 40.28pts 14th overall
- Running Back- 24.2pts 21st overall
- Wide Receiver- 16.3pts 44th overall
- Tight End- 25.1pts 6th overall
- Kicker- 15pts 12th overall
- D/ST- 7pts 20th overall
WEEK THREE STREAM PICKS
After a disastrous Week Two, I need to regroup and go big, so I can make up for lost ground.
At this point in the season, the picture is becoming much clearer. Therefore I am trying to target good matchups for me to help make some gains. I am aiming for 6 arrows up this week.
And so, having said that, here are my picks for Week Three:
- Quarterback: Gardner Minshew II- Jaguars
- Running Back: Josh Kelly- Charger (Might flip to Mike Davis if CMC is out)
- Wide Receiver: Marquez Valdes-Scantling- Packers
- Tight End: Dalton Schultz- Eagles
- Kicker: Ka’imi Fairbairn- Texans
- D/ST: Los Angeles Chargers
I am doubling down on Minshew again this week and have targeted match-ups and game scripts to help me make up for the loses this week.
This will be the last time I can play Minshew I think, as people will be buying after two great performances.
However, until next week, Keep Rushing!
– Murf (@Murf_NFL)