A HAT TRICK! That’s three, 3-0 finishes in a row for the selections in this column. In a week where The Buccaneers were meant to feed Scotty Miller, Alex Smith made his heroic return to the Football Field and Keenan Allen suffered with injury things all seemed to go my way. Yes, I was lucky. However, you make your own luck and I’m riding this pony whilst it’s hot. What isn’t hot right now is this cold I’m battling. For those of you that listen to the Podcast will know I’ve been off the air this week. I am being beaten from pillar to post so the format of this column will vary a little this week. The write up of each player will be bullet points instead. Sorry Rush Nation, I will return to the detailed report next week but for now its a short sharp dose of the info you need. Let’s Lock it down!
Here is how the week went for my three selections, the scoring will be 0.5 PPR.
- Scotty Miller – WR 107 – 0 Fantasy Points = Win
- Terry McLaurin – WR 69 – 4.1 Fantasy Points = Win
- Keenan Allen – WR 34 – 9.9 Fantasy Points = Win
The Bucs were meant to feed Miller with Evans banged up and Godwin missing. This in reality didn’t happen at all. Brady targeted eight different Receivers and Miller wasn’t one of them. No targets led to a bagel being served up by Miller for you Fantasy Team last week.
Kyle Allen was forced from the field with a head injury against the Rams last week and with Dwain Haskins ‘sick’ it was the moment we had all been waiting to see if it would happen. Alex Smith stepping back onto the Gridiron was truly one of the most emotional things I have ever watched on TV. To come back from near-death to have Aaron Donald leap on your back just shows how much of a strong person Alex Smith is. Fair play sir, however, what Smith didn’t do for Scary Terry was throw him the ball. After Allen left so did any hope of the Washington Football Team’s Wide Receivers scoring any more points for your teams.
In a game where Justin Herbert looked great and was slinging the rock, Keenan Allen had back spasms and had to leave the game. Step up Mike Williams who balled out. Allen leaving the game was the final straw in locking up a win for this column once more. I don’t ever account for injuries in the article but ill take the win however it comes. Vin Diesel said, “it doesn’t matter whether you win by an inch or a mile. A wins a win”.
Week Five Selections
- Andy Dalton looks to have a connection with Gallup
- Cooper will see shadow coverage by Patrick Peterson
- Cardinals D is giving up just 18.1 FPPG to WIde Receivers
- Robbie Anderson is the clear favourite of Teddy B
- Moore had one big Touchdown play last week
- The bears are giving up just 17.2 FPPG to WIde Receivers
- TFT is terrible meaning teams are running the ball lots
- They are giving up just 18.3 FPPG to WIde Receivers
- Daniel Jones could get destroyed by the formidable TFT Defensive front.
Once more Rush Nation I’m sorry for the short points but I’m still confident in the selections.
Until next week Rush Nation, Keep Rushing.