Lock it down – Week Seven
It was never going to carry on forever. The 3-0 holy grail wasn’t hit this past week. In fact with Slayton probably starting in your flex getting the 10.8 Fantasy points from him means I took the L on that one. If however you started him as a WR2 and needed more from him then perhaps I can call that a win? Maybe not! Once more this week will be a short week as I’m still battling the cold that has me bunkered down inside the 5 Yard HQ. Again apologies but I wanted you to have something rather than nothing at all. I’ll do my best to find the diamonds in the rough for you Rush Nation as the going starts to get tough out there.
Here is how the week went for my three selections, the scoring will be 0.5 PPR.
- Amari Cooper – WR 6 – 17.4 Fantasy Points = Loss
- DJ Moore – WR 25 – 11.8 Fantasy Points = Win
- Darius Slayton – WR 28 – 10.8 Fantasy Points = Loss
Cooper blew up against the Cardinals catching seven of his ten targets and hauling in a late touchdown. This came as the Cowboys trailed 31-3 and if not for this TD then perhaps he would have fallen into the Win column for me. Andy Dalton starting means all Dallas Wideouts will take some form of performance drop going forward.
Moore plain and simple had more yards than I thought he would and this is now the second week in going over 90 yards in a game. He is steadily growing in the Panthers offence now and with the imminent return of CMC perhaps Moore vanishes again with the enigmatic Running Back seeing more short field targets?
Again another touchdown saves a player from being on my Win list. Slayton caught two of his four targets in the win against the Football Team. Nothing spectacular here but the trip into the endzone saved his day. Sterling Shepard returning to the lineup and being productive could spell trouble for Slayton going forward.
Week seven Selections
- The Rams are giving up just 16.3 Fantasy Points per Game to opposing Wide Receivers
- Jalen Ramsey will shadow Robinson
- Ramsey is the league leader in separation allowed when defending
- Ramsey is giving up just 8.2 FPPG
- Aaron Donald will destroy Nick Foles
- The Raiders O line has been placed on the COVID list
- Carr will be hurried, hurried a lot.
- Tampa will scheme Ruggs out of the game
- The Bucs are giving up just 19.3 FPPG to Wide Receivers
- Kansas City is giving up just 20 FPPG to Wide Outs
- Andy Reid will choke the life out of Denver with the run game
- I expect the Honey Badger to follow Jeudy to his side of the field for double coverage.
This isn’t an official pick as I can’t decide who to play here but I feel this has all the hallmarks of one of Lockett or Metcalf having a day and the other guy going under five Fantasy Points. This is just a hunch so it’s not one of my three locks.
Until next week Rush Nation, Keep Rushing.